Sunday, April 17, 2016

And I never slept again....

I have always loved baby sitting and I always will, but there was one time I questioned just how safe being around kids would be.

It all started on a Thursday night around 10:30 when my sister and I were babysitting my three cousins. There were two boys and one girl, ages 7, 4, and 2. They had been in bed and asleep for about half an hour when the younger boy, the 4 year old, started screaming and crying for his mom. So, I walked up the stairs to see what was wrong and he was sitting straight up on the edge of his bed. He said that he wanted his mom. I talked to him for a little bit and he calmed down. Then suddenly he said to me, "I know how to kill someone with a rake." I wasn't sure what to say so I just told him that that isn't a very nice thing to do. Right then I heard my sister walking up the stairs and over to the girl's room. 2 seconds later my sister walked quickly out of her room and b-lined over to me. She said, "You have got to see this." So I walked in and saw what may be the creepiest thing that I have ever witnessed. The little girl was crouched on her bed in the corner scratching the wall with one finger! We walked out of the room to calm down and when we walked back in she was fast asleep lying in her bed.


So we made sure that the 4 year old was tucked in and ready for bed, then we walked down stairs and tried to forget the traumatic visual.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.