Maybe I don't like Valentine's Day because I don't have a
valentine.
Maybe it's because I don't understand love.
I don't understand love.
Love is messy
Love is kind
Love is crazy
Love is hard
Love moves like water and floats on the wind
Love is broken
Love is blind
Love is vulnerable
Love is strong
Love is a knot in your stomach keeping you wide awake
Love is like a cool breeze in the middle of July.
A rush of ice cold water trickling down your spine.
A wild horse running free through a field of gold
Love is like a fire that warms you until you are fully
devoured
Love can feel like an electric pulse creating a different
heart beat one minute
And the next it feels like your stomach is being wrenched
into 5 million directions unsure of which way is up
Love is confusing and sure
Love is giving not taking
Maybe that’s it? I never give. Not of my soul. Not of my heart. I
have placed my heart in, no not a cage, but a tower. A glass tower, covered in
mirrors, but no doors. Allowing my heart to look upon and learn from the many
broken hearts I have seen in my lifetime, but not allowing any of the pain and
hurt to splash on to mine. No one can see perfectly into my heart because of
the glare. But when the time comes my heart will not unlock and let them in, it
will crash through those outward mirrors, never to return to its captivity.
Because you see it was never mine to have, to keep, to hide. It was his all
along. His to hold, to rescue, to protect.
To
love and be loved will be an awfully big adventure!!!
"Love is giving not taking" I love this.
ReplyDeleteI feel like your first love is going to be like beauty and the beast. great work.
ReplyDeletei love the snowflakes and snikerdoodle thing at the top . your blog rocks
ReplyDeleteI really like your title and
ReplyDelete"Love is confusing and sure
Love is giving not taking
Maybe that’s it? I never give. Not of my soul. Not of my heart"
great post
Thank you so much!
DeleteI like the way you wrote about love. It is very interesting and cool. You are a great writer. Keep it Up!
ReplyDelete